Good makeup can do miracles, that’s just a fact! By contouring your nose, you can make a wide nose appear narrower, a long nose appears shorter, or a short nose appear taller — it all depends on the makeup technique. We will show you how to contour your nose properly!
What do you need to make your nose smaller:
- A light concealer (should be 1-2 shades lighter than your natural skin tone)
- A highlighter
- A dark concealer (color should be 1-2 shades darker than your natural skin tone), you can also use a brown blush or eyeshadow, a matte bronzer or a sculpting powder. The cream products can also be used to contour the nose, but the powder is easier to work with, especially for beginners.
Remember that light colors will highlight your characteristics, emphasize and make them more prominent, while dark tones will shadow, make your nose appear smaller, and create the illusion of depth.
How to contour your nose:
- Start with your usual makeup routine.
- After you’ve applied the foundation, you’re going to highlight the center of your nose with a light concealer. Start between your eyebrows and apply a line down your nose, stopping before you reach the end.
- As a next step, add a little dot at the very tip to give your nose a little upturn.
- Blend! Use a sponge or your ring finger to soften the stripe.
- Now, use the darker concealer and draw two lines down the sides of your nose. Use an eyeshadow brush to draw the contour lines. They should begin at the brow bone and go all the way to the end of your nose. Make sure to keep the lines light at first – it’s easier to add darker concealer step by step than having to remove it. Tip: You can also use a pencil or a Q-tip as a small ruler.
- Add subtle shade to the tip of your nose. This will prevent your nose from appearing too long (if you have a short button nose, you should skip this step).
- Then, buff the lines out with your fingers or a make-up blender (they should not look too harsh).
- As the last step, you can apply some highlighting powder if you wish.